DIRECT CARE STAFF
- Maintain records of patient care, condition, progress, and problems in order to report and discuss observations with a supervisor or case manager.
- Mobility Assistance: Provide patients with help moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs or automobiles. Assist with any prescribed exercises.
- Provide clients/patients with assistance in regards to bathing, dressing and grooming. Encourage active participation from patients.
- Light Housekeeping duties: Change bed linens, laundry and cleaning patient’s living spaces.
- Community Involvement: Encourage and assist with access to community activities Engage in appropriate interaction with patients to keep them mentally healthy and alert.
- Accompany to doctor’s office.
- Meal planning and preparation according to prescribed diets.
- Monitor vital signs.
- Provide medication administration under the express delegation of the licensed nurse.
- Perform a variety of duties as requested by client, such as obtaining household supplies and running errands.